Text size :
1. The Government of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, through the Department of Economic Planning and Development (JPKE), will be conducting the Economic Census of Enterprises (ECE) 2016 starting May 2016.
2. The main objective of ECE 2016 is to collect comprehensive and latest information pertaining to the growth, contribution, composition and distribution of the economic activities undertaken by the business enterprises in the private sector.
3. ECE 2016 covers all active registered businesses in the country and will collect information on the economic activity, company profile, business revenue and expenditure as well as employment details, for the reference year 2015.
4. Responses from the business enterprises will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Statistics Act, Chapter 81 from the Laws of Brunei Darussalam. The information will be used for statistical purposes only.
5. The ata collected will be used in the compilation of the national accounts statistics, particularly for the calculation of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to determine the latest contribution of the private sector to the country’s economic growth. The ECE 2016 results will be able to assist the Government in development planning and formulating policies. Apart from that, the results may also be used by the private sector businesses themselves in planning and developing their respective business activities and strategies.
6. The ECE 2016 questionnaires and guide for completing the questionnaire will be distributed by post, e-mail or delivered by appointed census officers starting 9 May 2016. The questionnaire and guide can also be downloaded from JPKE’s website. The closing date for returning the completed questionnaires to JPKE is on 30 June 2016, by post, fax, e-mail or submitted directly to JPKE.
7. The support and co-operation from all business enterprises in providing correct and complete information are essential for the success of the census.